5 Things to Never Say At Work!– Alan Axelrod, PhD, leadership and communications consultant and author of How to Say It: Be Indispensable at Work
1) “Looks like I’m working late again.” – Complaining about your work load portrays an image that you cannot keep up!
2) “I’ll get to it when I can”. – Avoid indicating to someone that their project is unimportant.
3) “I can do it better alone.” – This makes you look more like a poor team player than a self-sufficient employee.
4) “I did it.” – Always be a team player and give credit where credit is due.
5) “The way I’ve always done it works just fine.” – The workplace is constantly changing – there is no room for resistance to that change.