Fall Harvest Pizza
- Olive oil
- Flour, for dusting surface
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, fresh (thawed if using frozen)
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups of roasted vegetables such as butternut squash, red onions, sweet onions, red potatoes and fresh cloves of garlic
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves (optional)
- Fresh basil, oregano or thyme for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out and stretch pizza dough into desired size and thickness and transfer to baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the dough with olive oil and spread the ricotta over top of the dough, leaving a one-inch border. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella over top, reserving the remaining half for later. Add the roasted vegetables evenly to the pizza and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Add the fresh rosemary (optional) and bake for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is a lovely golden brown color.
- Before serving add fresh basil, oregano or thyme (optional) and serve.