Winter in July!
Here are some cool summer versions of warm winter treats to help get you through the dog days of summer.
6 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate (or chocolate chips)
3 cups whole milk, divided
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of powdered hot chocolate mix
3 tablespoons sugar
6 cups ice cubes
Whipped topping for garnish
1. Place chopped chocolate and 1/4 cup of the milk in a microwave-safe container. Heat the chocolate
on 50 percent power for 1 minute. Stir. Continue heating in 30-second increments until chocolate
is completely melted.
2. Stir in hot chocolate mix and sugar.
3. Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the milk. Stir, and let cool to room temperature.
4. Pour cooled chocolate mixture into blender with the ice cubes and then the remaining milk.
Blend until smooth.
5. Pour into cups, top with whipped cream and serve immediately.
Makes 2 giant frozen hot chocolates
Hersheys Chocolate Bars
Melting Chocolate to dip s’mores in (Wilton Melts work great)
Toppings (if desired) Examples: Crumbled graham crackers, sprinkles, chocolate chunks, etc.
Lollipop sticks or popsicle sticks.
1. Break your graham crackers in to halves, and line them up on a baking sheet. Top half of your
graham crackers with marshmallows and half with chocolate.
2. Put your sheet of s’mores into the oven (preheated to 400 degrees) or microwave to soften
chocolate and make marshmellows ‘gooey’. Keep a close eye on them!
3. Insert a lollipop stick into each marshmallow and put it together with the chocolate half of
4. Put the s’mores into the freezer for at least five minutes to allow them to harden.
5. Melt the chocolate to dip the s’mores in according to the package directions. Pour the melted
chocolate into a cup or dish large enough to dunk the s’more pops into.
6. Take the s’more pops out of the freezer and dunk them into the chocolate.
7. Sprinkle with toppings if desired.
8. Lay the finished s’more on wax paper, and put them in the freezer.
9. Once the chocolate hardens – enjoy!