Clever ways to reuse aluminum foil:
- Clean a barbecue grill – While the coals are still red-hot, lay a sheet of aluminum foil over the grill to burn off any remaining foodstuffs. The next time you use your barbecue, crumple up the foil and use it to easily scrub off the burned food before you start cooking
- Sharpen dull scissors and garden sheers – cut through folded layers of foil several times to sharpen the blades
- Scrub rust off chrome or steel
- Bake a perfect pie crust Keep the edges of your homemade pies from burning by covering them with strips of aluminum foil. The foil prevents the edges from getting overdone while the rest of your pie gets perfectly browned.
- Reduce static cling – put a crumpled piece in the dryer
- Keep birds out of your garden – hang strips of foil on strings to deter birds