Tomorrow is National Garlic Day!
Garlic is known to reduce heart disease and cancer risk – try using one of these recipes to reap the health benefits!
This is great to use on meats and vegetables!
- 8 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
This is also good to mix into your already favorite dishes, or just eat by itself.
- Cut the pointed end off of the garlic head to expose the cloves
- Place garlic on foil (cut side up)
- Drizzle with olive oil and salt
- Wrap the foil over the cloves
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Let cool and squeeze out the cloves. Can be mashed with additional olive oil and used as a spread.