Tips to Conserve Water and Reduce Your Water Bill!
- Place a full two-liter bottle in the back of your toilet to reduce the amount of water needed to fill the tank.
- Fixing a leaking toilet tank can save up to 1,000 gallons of water a month. Test for a leak by putting food coloring in the toilet tank – if it seeps into the bowl without flushing, you have a leak.
- Water your lawn and garden in the morning or evening when temperatures are cooler to minimize evaporation
- Wash your fruits and vegetables in a pan of water instead of running water from the tap. Reuse it to water houseplants.
- Save time and money by shortening your shower. Even a minute or two can save up to 150 gallons per month.
- When washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run while rinsing. Fill one sink with wash water and the other with rinse water.